Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Herb Lady

So, last week I decided that I needed a good multi-vitamin, not just the grocery store One-A-Day or Flintstone Complete, or whatever. Yesterday I went to the Herb Lady. That's the actual name of the store, tee-hee. It's very hippy-dippy. The store smelled like incense, and there was chanting coming from a radio. Anyway, I bought EVE, a multi-vitamin for women and chromimum picolate for sugar cravings.

Today, I took them and was completely bouncing off the wall. And my pee turned fluorescent green. I'm supposed to take the multi 3x a day, but I think that once works pretty well.

So here is the workout log for this week so far...

Monday
  • Morning- I went to the gym and did Cardio Coach vol. 1 Revised on the Elliptical. I forgot what a great workout this is. 46 min. with extra warm up and stretching.
  • Evening- I did about 30 min. of Tracy Stahle's Sweatfest kickboxing. This was a frustrating session for two reasons. 1) I was at my 2nd job. I get a paid dinner break, but I'm "on-call", and this time my session was interrupted 3 separate times. You have never seen someone scramble to change clothes so quickly! Finally, I just gave up. 2) The drills are good, but they are also very very long and monotonous. Tracy has poor kickboxing form, and by the 32nd jab cross jab, you just don't want to see it any more. Plus, it's hard to figure out if she's doing a side kick or a roundhouse kick, because her form is so bad.

Tuesday

  • Afternoon- I took a 50 min. walk. It was very windy, but nice.
  • Evening- I kicked some serious butt. I did both sections of Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness, and was WIPED out afterwards. 66 minutes.

Wednesday

  • Afternoon- Cardio Coach vol. 2 on the Elliptical at the gym. 55 min. with extra warm up and stretching.
  • Evening- Kickmax 49 minutes. I did the warm up through the combos, a little of the legwork and the cool down. I was at work again, but this time I had no interruptions. Yay.

This weekend I'm going out of town. My future mother-in-law is getting married. Yes, it sounds weird. Anyway, I'm a little peeved that when I finally get back on the exercise track, it gets derailed by life. Yes, I'm going to try to workout while I'm in St. Louis. No, I'm not going to get in as much as I want to.

No comments: