Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sigh. Shake Head. Now Listen to the Sinus Saga

Other than a couple of walks with the dog, I haven't exercised at all this week or part of last week. And the eating, well, it's been horrible. Normally I'd be all disappointed in myself, etc (well, just see my last post!), but here's the deal.

I'm sick. On Monday night I didn't get any sleep because every time I went to lie down, I had stabbing pains in my ear, my jaw, and my teeth. Tuesday I made an appointment with the doctor (since it started as an earache) for Wednesday. Tuesday night I didn't get any sleep, because now, in addition to lying down, I also had pains when sitting down. For what it's worth, I did do a lot of laundry, and I have a clean kitchen. Wednesday morning I cancelled my doctor's appointment and went to the dentist instead. And guess what.

It wasn't a tooth problem. Yippee...no root canal for me. So then I had to make another doctor appointment. Apparently, it's an incredibly packed sinus infection. I can't believe sinus stuff can hurt so much. So I'm on antibiotics and Mucinex, but I'm still in a lot of pain. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being it hurts so much I want to throw up, then cut out one half of my face so it doesn't hurt any more, I was at an 8/9, and now I'm at a bearable (but not happy) 5 with spikes into 6 and 7. And I've gotten about 4 hours of sleep, so I'm sounding kind of lucid again.

But I think my fall from workout/eating well grace since last Wed (or was it Thursday?) has been because I've been having some sinus issues that have been getting progressively worse. So it's time to regroup. Again. Sigh. Shake head. At least it wasn't a root canal.

No comments: