Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Dreaded Food Diary


Doesn't this picture of Amy Bento look great? I thinking about getting a poster of it to put up in my workout area. She looks strong.
Yesterday I started my food log again. I'm a member of myfooddiary.com, but I needed a notepad that I can carry around with me all day. Plus, I wanted to move on to Step 2 of breaking my sugar addiction, and that includes documenting how I feel physically and emotionally along with what I ate. I couldn't find a food diary that worked with what I'm trying to do, so I ended up making my own. It's 7.25 x 5 inch book comb bound on the top. I made all of the sheets for the month, and then put in a weekly diet tracker to add up the totals for the week. It's pretty sweet, but I'm already thinking of changes I can make for next month. Usually, I stick with these for about a week and then it drives me crazy so I quit. This one is pretty low maintenance, though, so hopefully I will at least be able to stick with it until the end of the month.

Yesterday's workout:

Walk- 40 minutes (lunchtime)
Weights- Cathe's Cardio & Weights, Cpd & Heavy weights premix, plus combo one of the step (about 5-7 min)
Bento's 10 Min Solution Butt Blaster (did I mention how much I hate that title), and Stretch.

I upped the weights on the heavy weights on everything but the chest work, but still modified the ab work, although not as much.

And because of the food log, my eating was really good. A calorie count within my target range (which is 1600-1900 cal, depending on amount of exercise). The only downside was that it was a little too much sugar, which I totally blame on the brownie that somehow forced its way down my throat. Until now, the sugar intake has been the best thing about my diet. I slowly weaned myself down to one 20 oz Pepsi a day, and this week I've cut myself down to 12 oz of Pepsi. I'll probably stay here for a while. I think I was at the 20 oz for about three or four weeks. The ultimate goal is to cut it out completely, but since it's my biggest and longest addiction, I'm trying to go slow.

No comments: