Sunday, October 14, 2007

Why are Weekends So Hard?

First off, the workout log:

Thursday, 10/11: 45 min walk
30 min of interval step (Cathe's IMAX 2)
Friday, 10/12: nothing
Saturday, 10/13: nothing
Sunday, 10/14: nothing

Arrrgh. It is so hard to keep up my workout schedule on the weekends. I think I have so much time, and then something always comes up. This weekend it was looking after my 3 year old nephew while my sister was out of town. He's a little cutie, and I only babysat from after work on Fri. to Sat. evening, but it just threw me totally out of whack. When I dropped him off on Sat. and came back home, I was just too tired to do the workout I wanted to do. So instead of doing something easier, didn't do anything.

Then today. I knew I only had until 5pm to get my workout done. I had to be at work at my 2nd job at 5:30 until midnight. But after grocery shopping, cooking and some minimal cleaning, that was it. I just wanted to plant my ass on the sofa and watch some television. At least I got my meals cooked for the week. But I'm still angry that I took 3 days off from working out. One day is great! Two days are good, as long as they aren't consecutive. But three days in a row? It's really hard to get back into a workout routine after three days off, believe me.

Now, about the eating. It was...okay. Getting better, I guess. I got a free 30 day supply of this stuff called Satiatrim. You're supposed to drink it before meals, and it will help you feel full etc. It doesn't have a lot of sugar (and it was free), so I decided to give it a try. Since my problem times are afternoons and evenings, I decided to just drink it in the afternoons and evenings to make it stretch. I tried the vanilla on Friday. It tastes a little bit like Slimfast, but better. There is a super chalky residue aftertaste, so I ended up drinking about 20 ounces of water with it. I had it with lunch (about 2pm) and I felt extremely full afterwards. I didn't have any on Saturday. Today, I tried the berry-flavored kind. It was okay--not as good as the vanilla--and with the same residue taste. This time I drank it in the afternoon when I was rummaging for snacks. It killed any desire for snacks, but it did not give me that full feeling. I will be giving a running commentary on this later.

No comments: