Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Oatmeal, oatmeal and more oatmeal


I knew that I hated oatmeal. I mean, it smells wonderful, especially the different varieties you can get, but blech. It has the texure of finely whipped wet cardboard...oh, and that's what it tastes like too. But in an effort to eat more protein at breakfast, I decided that peanut butter and oatmeal would be a wonderful thing. To make a long story short, I ended up feeding it to the dog (he loved it). And now, because I was absolutely certain that I would enjoy this horrible concoction, and because it was on sale, I have lots and lots of oatmeal.


Because I'm cheap, because I'm broke, I have to use up all of this freaking oatmeal. I decided that the only way I'm eating that nasty oatmeal is in cookie form, so I went online to look for a reasonably healthy oatmeal cookie recipe. I found this: http://extension.usu.edu/fsne/files/uploads/lessons/Heart%20Healthy%20Eating/Awesome%20Heart%20Healthy%20Oatmeal%20Cookies.pdf


It uses beans, instead of a lot of the butter. BEANS! But in the interests of healthy living, I'm going to try it. It's not like I'm going to eat the oatmeal anyway. So we're going to see what kind of potential combination oatmeal and beans can be. Stay tuned, kids.


Yesterday the eating was OK. A little calorie heavy, but all good food (with the exception of my 20 oz Pepsi). For my lunch workout I did the the upper body/compound weight premix of Cathe's Cardio & Weights, about 45 min with stretching. I don't feel like it gives me a very thorough leg workout, so in the evening I added one of those 10 Minute Solution videos, the Amy Bento one, and worked the legs with a band. Then I finished up with cardio, the first 30 or so minutes of Cathe's KickMax plus stretch.

No comments: