Monday, October 15, 2007

My Other Preorders










October is a great month! Here are some of the other videos I pre-ordered that will probably be at my door this month. Here's to giving the UPS guy a workout too :)

Trace Stahle- She has two new ones that will possibly ship this week. I only ordered the Parts Series, which has Strictly Upper Body (50 min), Glute Camp (50 min) , and Total Body with Pilates/Yoga (30 min). I'm excited about using the Bosu, and I think that at the pre-sale price of $15.95 plus free shipping (because I'm a previous customer) this is a great deal, especially since the premixes look good too.

Tracey is one of those instructors that I like, but I either don't like her workouts, or they don't fit into my rotations. The parts sound pretty versatile, though. Her other video is High Intensity Step Mix 2. I have HISM1 and I never do it, so I thought I would save myself some money.

Amy Bento- Her three new DVDs are: Slow-Mo Strength Challenge, Advanced Step Challenge 2, and Hi-Lo Dome Challenge. The pre-sale price per DVD is $14.95 plus s/h. I haven't pre-ordered any of these yet, because she hasn't put up any clips on her website, although there have been many, many pictures and the set looks great.

I'm not interested in ASC2 because, like with Tracey, I have ASC1 and I never use it. Guess I'm picky about my step. The Slow-Mo looks interesting...a three day split with heavy weights at a slower tempo. Split one- legs, split two- back and shoulders, split three- chest, bis and tris. Core work is separate. Each workout is 35-40 minutes with warm-up and cool-down. And more premixes than you can shake a body bar at. The downside is that Amy uses a ton of equipment. Compared to her last series, the equipment list looks small, but you would still need: Step w/ three risers on each side (or a weight bench), plate-loaded bar, heavy dumbbells, stability ball (or Bosu), band/tubing, yoga mat, towels or paper plates, and a chair. The Hi/lo Dome Challenge is a 60 min hi/lo workout and a 30 min weight workout using the Bosu. I'm not interested in the hi/lo, because I don't really like hi/lo unless it's sports style plyometrics, but the weight workout looks interesting. Her pre-sale ends in about 10 days, so I wish she had clips up.

Kelly Coffey- Her two are going to ship on Wednesday. Her oh-so-imaginative titles are: Cardio Kick and Cardio Sculpt. Oh well. I pre-ordered both for around $30 plus s/h. Her premixes aren't great, but they are good. Cardio Kick is 60 minutes of step-boxing, plus 12 minutes for abs and cool down. It sounds kind of dumb, but it's actually fun. Cardio Sculpt is mostly circuit training with cardio blasts, about 70 minutes long. The thing with Kelly is that you work hard, but there's no dread factor. I'm not terribly fond of her background exercisers (their hair is straight from the eighties, and they always have goofy "goonies" looks on their faces...it's distracting), but I usually focus on Kelly anyway.

No comments: